When you become a member of Hildene, you’ll join thousands of people who are helping to preserve more than historic bricks and mortar. You help us advance our mission: Values into Action. And you help safeguard Hildene for future generations.
Friends of Hildene, Inc., a 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization, owns and maintains this magnificent estate.
Fees and Benefits
• Unlimited year-round admission to Robert and Mary's home, the Pullman car Sunbeam, exhibits, grounds and farms; including more than 12 miles of walking and ski trails, the Hoyt Formal Garden, and Cutting and Kitchen Gardens;
• Early registration and reduced rates for Hildene’s Summer Camps for your children or grandchildren;
• Free or reduced admission to select workshops and programs. Click Here for a listing;
• Our eNewsletter and periodic special mailings highlighting programs, projects, and volunteer activities;
• Reduced admission to many regional & national cultural sites;
• 10% off at The Museum Store at Hildene and on-line store;
• Free or reduced admission to American Horticulture Society gardens and arboreta (www.ahsgardening.org);
• Free or reduced admission to over 1100 North American Reciprocal Museums nationwide (www.narmassociation.org);
• John Hay's New Hampshire home, The Fells Historic Estate and Gardens, also offers reciprocal admission when you show your Hildene membership card.
• The satisfaction of being a part of the restoration and growth of one of America’s great estates.
NEW for 2021!
Your Membership to Hildene also includes:
Thursdays in the Garden starting June 2 through September 16, from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. Join Hildene gardeners for an informal walk-and-talk in the teaching gardens behind the Welcome Center, including the flower cutting, butterfly, peony gardens and the Giving Garden (which supplies produce to the local food cupboard).
Friday Walking Group starting May 7 through November 18, departing from the Welcome Center @ 9 am. Get your sneakers and water bottle ready. Our 412-acre campus with 12 miles of walking trails awaits you. Walks average 3 miles and are approximately 1 hour.
...and a special offer for those joining as a Sustaining Member or above: receive a private golf cart tour of Hildene for you and up to three additional guests! Your personal Hildene adventure awaits, with tour options including:
• The formal gardens during peony season to hear about our pollinator sanctuaries;
• The goat dairy to meet our baby goats and see our micro-farm cheesemaking facility;
• The dene to walk the floating boardwalk and learn about regenerative agriculture; or
• The greenhouse and vegetable gardens in the dene used to teach farm-to-table food systems.
• Individual $60.00
Membership benefits for 1 person + two member guest passes
• Family $100.00
Membership for 2 adults & their children or grandchildren under 16 + four member guest passes
• Sustaining $150.00
Family Membership + six member guest passes
• Contributing $250.00
Family Membership + eight member guest passes
• Patron $500.00
Family Membership + ten member guest passes
• Preservation Society $1000.00
Family Membership + twelve member guest passes
A Hildene Membership entitles the named cardholders and minor children or grandchildren (aged 16 and younger) to general admission during our regular hours of operation.
Additional guests accompanying you (aged 17 and older) must present a single-use member guest pass or pay regular admission.
Memberships are valid for 1 year and all memberships expire May 31. All memberships purchased, or renewed, after January 1 of any given year, are effective through May 31st of the following year.
Please contact the Membership Office with any questions: (802) 367-7964
If you prefer to download and print the form, you may do so by CLICKING HERE.